Happy Easter!
This weekend my parents and I traveled to Dubin and Portmarnock. They got here on Monday, the same day I got back from my spring break trip. While they were here we had some of the worst weather we’ve had all semester. There was even a little blizzard! My poor mother! We did get a few rays of sunshine here and there at least though. We toured Mary King’s close on Wednesday and that was pretty cool. It was a little creepy cuz it was underneath where the royal mile is now. But it was really neat to see, and the tour guide was pretty funny. He did a good job. Then we walked along the royal mile and looked at some shops. On the Thursday we went and climbed Arthurs seat and we had pretty good weather for that so that was really nice. We ate at Blacksmiths (a local pub) a lot cuz that is prolly the best place to eat in Dalkeith. We also went to a few pubs and that was kind of cool being able to drink with my parents at a bar. Friday morning we left for Dublin and went straight to our little hotel on the coast in Portmarnock. It was very pretty there, but when we arrived it was pouring rain! We went for a little walk along the beach later after it had stopped and that was nice. It was very pretty. The next day Dad went in to Ireland to do some touristy stuff while mom and I slept in a little and then went shopping! It was really cool. We went down this one street close to Trinity college. They had a string quartet playing and a bunch of other musicians up and down the street! There was also this really cool guy with a puppet that was really funny! We went into a bunch of stores and got some little things here and there. Mom got me a claddagh ring which I loved! She got some matching earrings too. We were only there for a few hours and then we headed back to our hotel. When Dad got back we went to go out to eat but ended up just going to the grocery store haha. We had a little picnic in our room and hung out and me and dad went to the hotel pub for a drink both nights too. It was a lot of fun. We didn’t get to see any Celtic music at the pubs around town, but that’s ok there is always Irish fest this summer! And I will be coming back to the Western part of Ireland someday anyways. So it will happen. We flew back to Edinburgh Sunday night and had dinner together at the Forge with Megan. That was really nice too, and then my parents left the next morning. The week went by super fast! It was so great seeing my parents. I didn’t realize how much I missed them. They were so much fun and I really enjoyed getting to spend that time with them. It was hard seeing them leave knowing that they will be going back home and I still have another month and a half left but it’s ok I’ll get over it. I’ve got a lot of work and traveling I have to yet and I’m determined to make the most of it. So mom and dad thanks sooo much for everything! It was so great seeing you and I love you soo much! I’m a very lucky girl to have such great parents! I also want to send a special thanks out to all those back home who are supporting my travels abroad. I have a great group of people backing me up and I appreciate you all more than you know! I love and miss you!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment