Sunday, February 7, 2010

Hello Again!
So I'm trying to figure out the picture thing on here. I didn't space them out too well on the last entry. I'm going to try and make an album or something and see if that will work better. So hopefully more pics to come soon! Anyways, Thursday was probably my favorite day here! It was a very busy, jam packed day but I had a lot of fun and it went by quick.

It started out by Seth, our cook, giving us a personal tour around Edinburgh. We went along the royal mile, and down to the grass market, through the princes street gardens, and down to the Palace where the Queen stays when she visit Edinburgh. Right next to there are the trails that lead up to Arthur's seat. I really wanted to climb them and so did my friend Emily, she's super nice and we get along great! So we decided to say good bye to the group and start climbing! Two of the other guys decided to come with us, Mike and Jesse. We hiked for about two and a half hours! It was AMAZING! The scenery was incredible! We met another group of Americans on one of the top lookouts. They were from the Midwest too! It was nice running into them, we took group pictures for each other and chatted for a bit. They were studying in London and just visiting for the weekend. After we said goodbye, we decided to head back down cuz it was already getting dark, otherwise we would have gone to the top. Oh well, we already made plans to go back and hike some more, have a picnic at the top, and then climb down and head to the pubs! I can't wait to go back!

We took the bus back to Tesco to get groceries for the weekend and then walked the three miles back to the house. Me and Emily had a lil supper together in Willie's cafe with some other people and watched braveheart. Then I left to go out with Megan and some of the other girls to try out some pubs. The first place we went was my fav. The locals call it wither spoons. They had good prices for food, it was a very comfy atmosphere, and the drinks were pretty cheap. After that we went to Buccleuch around the corner, and did some dancing there. It was pretty fun, and we had a good time. Climbing Arthur's seat was much more my scene tho, that was my favorite. I always feel too under dressed when we go out around here, so I'll have to do some shopping soon.

Me and Megan finally booked our trip for this weekend! We will be going to the Isle of Skye for a few days and passing Loch Ness as well! There is supposed to be faeries on the Isle of Skye as well! haha, so we'll be keeping our eyes peeled! I'm really excited for this trip! More hiking!!! Yay!! I hope you all are doing well! I still miss you!!! Have watching the Super bowl tonight too! I think a group of us at the house are going to try and stay up to watch it! Go Saints!!!

2 comments:

  1. hey Gabbi, it sounds like youre having a great time. The castle looks awesome. Have you acclimated to the cold inside the castle? Have fun! Its great hearing about your latest adventures.
    Sue W in Spooner :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I have noticed lately that I can actually wear one pair of pants and maybe only 2 shirts and I'm ok. haha, it's getting much better. I will try to put more pics up here too, and I'm sure I'll show them all to you when I get home. Hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete